Love customer service?
If the answers are yes, then read on.
We are a family owned wine business, based in Glasgow whose sole aim is to be the best wine merchant in Scotland. If you are passionate, enthusiastic and think you can help us achieve that goal, then we want to hear from you.
Any current vacancies will be shown on this page but even if you don’t match the criteria we always want to hear from people who believe they have something unique to offer us. As a living wage employer we care as much about our staff as we do about our amazing products and suppliers.
To get in touch simply send your current cv together with a covering letter detailing why you want to work for Alexander Wines to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Services Operator, Hillington HQ
Full time Mon-Fri 9-5.30
- You will be our super-efficient company linchpin, dealing directly with our wine loving customers to ensure they always get the best possible customer service. Highly organised and with an eye for the smallest of details you will have a passion for wine and relish the rare opportunity of working for one of Scotland’s top independent wine merchants.
- You will proactively seek opportunities to increase value by raising standards and championing best practice. In addition, you will focus on developing and growing business within existing and new accounts, in line with the company’s strategic and operational goals.
- As a small but growing company, with lots going on, you will be expected to develop your own product and industry knowledge (i.e. taste lots of wines), help at events and generally be flexible in your approach to working across several departments when required.
- We are gearing up for growth, so we need you to future proof our company processes to set the tone for the next 3-5 years.
- Established in 1981 our aim is to be the best wholesale wine merchant in Scotland. We supply the top hotels, bars and restaurants as well the best independent retailers.
- We are a young team with ambitious growth targets
- We have fantastic purpose-built offices and warehousing in Hillington, directly opposite a train station for those who use public transport
- We are passionate people who love all things food and drink related.
What we are looking for
- Team players who love going the extra mile for customers
- Attention to detail. This is super important as our reputation is built on being the best!
- Wine lover
- Friendly and eager to learn
- Computer literate with experience of Excel, Word and Adobe
- Ability to prioritise under pressure. Lots of products and lots of customers means lots going on!
- Excellent communication skills. That’s written and spoken English, but importantly also listening and understanding.
- In a small company there are no limits to what you can achieve if you have the right attitude.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to progress in a sales environment.
- £Salary dependent on experience
- Generous staff discount on wine purchases
- WSET training courses paid for by the company
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
Please send a personalised covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Monday 24th June.